Frequently Asked Questions

General Information
Building Rentals
Pastoral Care
Children & Youth
Serving at Central
Financial Information

General Information

  •  When are worship services?

Worship | 11 a.m. on Sundays in Sanctuary

Worship is the defining characteristic of Central Presbyterian Church and the wellspring from which all other ministries are nourished. Central’s tradition of strong and vital preaching, rich sacramental life, and renowned music program lead us in offering glory, praise and thanksgiving to God.

Taizé Service | 7 p.m. first Tuesday of each month in Rand Chapel (October – May)

The 45-minute service includes sung prayers, simple, beautiful music, a time of silence, spoken and silent prayers, and opportunity for individual prayer and anointing.

Free parking for this service is available on Washington Street in front of the church.

Sunday School | 9:45 a.m. Sundays

Central offers Sunday morning learning opportunities for all ages. To learn more about our classes and opportunities, click here.

  • Is child care available during worship?

Yes. Childcare is available during both the Sunday School and Worship hours. For more details about childcare at Central, see our children’s page.

  • Where is Central located and is parking available?

Central is located directly across from the Georgia State Capitol in downtown Atlanta at 201 Washington Street SW. Parking is available for most services.

For a map and detailed parking instructions, click here.

  • How can I get in touch with the office staff?

Office Hours: Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m.; Fridays 8:00 a.m.  12:30 p.m.

Office Phone:  404-659-0274

Find contact information for specific staff members here.

  • How can I find out what’s happening at Central?

Check our calendar by clicking here.

Read our newsletter, The Weekly News, by clicking here.

  • Who do I contact about joining Central?

Contact our Pastoral Assistant for information about how to join Central.

  • Is Central accessible for persons with disabilities?

Yes. Our church building and facilities are handicap accessible.


The elevator at the entrance to Rand Chapel on Washington Street provides access to the Sanctuary and Tull Fellowship Hall.

The elevator in the main hallway of the Oglesby building provides access to all floors of the building including access via the second floor to the sanctuary.

The elevator at the Campbell-Eagan Entrance provides access to all floors of the Campbell-Eagan Building including the Child Development Center (nursery) and gym.

Access Ramps

The southern entrance ramp to the courtyard is ADA compliant.  This entry provides access to Tull Fellowship Hall, the Oglesby Building, and the Campbell-Eagan Building.

The sidewalk leading from the alley/MLK is also an ADA-compliant ramp.  This entry provide access to all buildings by way of the Campbell-Eagan entrance.


A wheelchair (and curb ramp) is located in the Narthex of Rand Chapel. Please see a Greeter or Usher for assistance.

On Sundays, handicapped parking spaces are marked on Washington Street.

Back to top of page


  • Who do I contact about having an event or wedding at Central?

Contact our Wedding Coordinator Wedding Coordinator For information about all other event rentals at Central, click here.

Back to top of page

Building Rentals

  • Who do I contact to reserve space at Central for meetings or events?

Visit the Building Rentals page for more information. You may also contact Linda Massengill.

Back to top of page

Pastoral Care

  • Who should I contact if there is a death in my family?

During regular office hours please contact our Pastoral Assistant.  After hours, please call the Pastoral Emergency line 404.601.3132

  • Who do I contact about Central’s Memorial Gardens?

Contact Linda Massengill or visit the Memorial Gardens page on our Website.

  • For information about Centrals Neighbor Parishes, please visit our Neighbors Parishes page.

Back to top of page

Children & Youth

  • Who do I contact when my baby is born?

Please contact our Pastoral Assistant about announcing the birth of your child.

  • Who do I contact to have my child baptized?

Please contact our Pastoral Assistant about having your child baptized at Central.

  • Who do I contact to get information about Children’s Ministry?

Please contact Christian Antwi for information about our Children’s Ministry.

  • Who do I contact to get information about Central’s Child Development Center?

Please contact Executive Director, Lynn Schnitzer.

For additional information please click here.

  • Who do I contact about youth activities?

Please contact Christian Antwi for information about youth activities.

Back to top of page

Serving at Central

  • Who do I contact about joining a Choir at Central?

Contact Vicki Fey, Director of Music Ministries for information about joining a Choir at Central.

  • Who do I contact to sign up to be an usher?

Contact our Worship Coordinator if you would like to sign up to be an usher.

  • Who do I contact to sign up to be a greeter?

Contact Linda Massengill if you would like to sign up to be a greeter.

  • Who do I contact to help with the Central Night Shelter?

Please visit the shelter’s Website for more information.

  • Who do I contact to help at Central Outreach & Advocacy Center?

Please contact Kimberly Parker for more information or to help at the Central Outreach & Advocacy Center.

Back to top of page

Financial Information

  • Who do I contact to make a contribution to the church?

Contact Linda Massengill at

  • Who should I contact if I have a question about my pledge or donation?

Contact Linda Massengill at

Back to top of page